As we enter 2015, it’s easy for the focus to be solely on plans and goals for the coming year. But it’s also important to reflect on accomplishments from the previous year. And 2014 was a great year for us.
It’s hard to not be thankful of where we are as a company, in large part due to the overwhelming support we get from of our customers, partners and employees. You all are what makes Cadet great.
2014 was a break out year for us with a focus on growth and innovation. We launched our new Apex72 heater, a high wall heater that is the first of its kind in design and function. Also, with demand increasing all over the country for Cadet heaters, we were able to add over a dozen new jobs all across the business.
And others took notice too. Among the recognition that Cadet received in 2014 was an article from our local newspaper, The Columbian, highlighting our recent successes and told the story of how far we’ve come over the last 2 decades.
Here’s a quick recap of honors we received in 2014:
- Manufacturer of the Year – Association of Washington Business — We were recognized for local job creation, LEAN enterprise efforts, our corporate culture, community involvement and health initiatives for employees.
- Product Innovation of the Year Award (Medium Size Company finalist) – Portland Business Journal — Awarded for the innovative design and features of the Apex72.
- Best of Best Award – Selling Tools Product Literature – Ted Magazine — A marketing honor highlighting the launch of our EnergyPlus heater and the special webpage to help potential customers learn about its features and benefits.
- Building Trades Company of the Year (Finalist) – Seattle Business Magazine — We were recognized for investing in product development, LEAN manufacturing, waste reduction, environmental policies and increasing sales during a downturn in the economy.
- Award of Excellence for Corporate Identity for “Cadet: Inviting Warmth into a Manufacturing Brand” – Business Marketing Association — An award presented to our partner AHA for our re-branding effort we recently completed.
We are positioned to keep things rolling in 2015, and with your help, we’re sure it’s going to be another great year.